In the coming year, I’d love to see a lot less of this:
2) Fiscal cliffs.
3) Lindsay Lohan. Sorry, Linz, I feel for you – I really do – I just think you’re not gonna get better until we all stop staring.
4) Ending a statement or status update with “Just sayin…” Because usually what was just said was mean. In related news, I have discovered that whenever a conversation starts with “Please don’t take this personally…” then I can be sure that I’m about to take the conversation very personally. And it’s probably going to be about why women shouldn’t speak in church or why Christians shouldn’t have ALS. Just sayin.
5) (____________________). <<This line is blank because it’s the name of whomever Taylor Swift is dating at any moment. Let’s be done talking about this mystery fella until he puts a ring on it.
6) Princess Kate’s bangs and all related celebrity minutia. Because, seriously? 160 million orphans out there could use some attention too.
7) Democratic party political agenda.
8) Republican party political agenda.
More of this:
1) Political Unity. More working together as Americans to make America a wonder in the world.
2) People finding clever ways to care about the biggest issues their fellow humans face.
3) Money for ALS research. We are humans and this disease is humane. Let’s fund the research necessary to punch it in the face.
Wishing you the best of all years in the best of all ways. May you know hope and joy as you live out each and every one of your precious days.
I love you,