A brief rundown of events from Holiday Season 2013.
1. I attended two Christmas Eve services and ate my weight in rice crispy treats and candy cane truffles. Not at the same time.
2. I worked on a proposal to give candy cane truffles as the prescription for anyone who’s sad or sick because they are hope. Until they’re not. Then they’re 4 extra pounds around your midsection.
3. My cul-de-sac does not get a lot of sun and, therefore, grew very icy.
4. I made this bread recipe into *bread bowls for clam chowder until my eyeballs glazed over and my hair was white with flour, but those bread bowls? Were delicious. As was this particular clam chowder.
5. I ran over my mailbox. Please refer to #3.
All-in-all, it was a fun end to an interesting year. How about you? What’s your most striking memory from the holidays?
Hide your mailboxes,
*Divide one recipe into two rounds and bake for 19 minutes with the lid on and 7-10 minutes with the lid off. Cut a circle in the baked loaf and hollow out the inside in one big piece. Cut the piece in half and spread each piece and the lid with garlic butter and grill in a skillet. Fill hollow loaf with clam chowder, top with grilled lid and serve the extra grilled garlic bread alongside.