One of my favorite speaking gigs last year was at a conference called The Well, right here in my very own city. The crowd was young and vibrant and fiercely in love with Jesus. It was exhilarating! This conference combines an awesome worship experience with transformative teaching and specialized clinics. Last year, it was primarily for worship leaders; this year it’s for all leaders.
I’m so excited to be speaking a main stage session for The Well again this year (along with Andrew Palau, Phil Wickham and my favorite band, Elliot), but here’s my favorite thing ever: I’ll also be leading a ministry track on Friday called Preach Like a Girl. This 2-session clinic is for every woman, young or old, paid pastor or support staff, overworked or underutilized, who feels the Word of God burning like a fire in her bones. These sessions will cover topics like:
- Respect: why giving it always precedes receiving it.
- Opportunity: find out why so many women feel called while it seems that so few are chosen.
- Essentials: mastering the dance of leading while submitting.
- Resources: learn the most effective communication strategies and study tools for preaching, teaching & writing.
- Skills: craft a good message without losing your mind.
- Pitfalls: discover the things men can get away with from the platform that women cannot.
- Turn Friction into Traction: stop fighting for your right to be heard and start using your voice to change the world.
- Don’t do this: enjoy hearing the stories of Bo’s top 15 ministry mistakes.
Teaching on this topic has long been a dream of mine and so I hope that…someone shows up. I know this isn’t something usually included in conference teaching, but I think it’s really important so we’re rolling the dice, believing that there really are women out there with these questions brewing.
I love the vision behind The Well and I love that it’s the most affordable conference of ANY kind I’ve ever seen ANYWHERE. Just $35 to attend the whole shootin’ match! Are you kidding me, Bo? No, I’m totally serious! Three general sessions, three incredible worship experiences and the leadership track of your choice for three Hamiltons and one Lincoln. Brilliant.
The dates are May 2 & 3 (yes, it’s a Thursday & Friday), and online registration is open now!
I want to give away one conference ticket today. If you’d like to win a ticket to The Well (even if you don’t want to attend the Preach Like a Girl track – there are six other fantastic tracks to choose from), just leave a comment here with an answer to the question: what is the best conference you’ve ever been to?