I’m glad you found me here at WordPress! As I was hopelessly trying to sleep last night, I was thinking about what a weird amount of money fifteen dollars is. It seems like way less than $20, which seems like real money. I tried to think of things that would really fall under the 15 mark, but would also be tremendously wonderful treats for my life. So, for your hypothetical reading enjoyment, we open with my thoughts on: What to do With $15
- MAC Lip gloss. $14. (Smashbox is my favorite because it doesn’t smell like cake batter or 7th-grader, but it’s outside the range by 3 bucks.)
- A plate of calamari at Deep. $13.
- The Zondervan Bible Handbook. $14.99. I LOVE this book! It’s loaded with maps and charts and commentary and all kinds of great stuff for those looking to unravel the mystery locked in the pages of the B.I.B.L.E.
- Six Dozen Life-changing Donut Holes at Richard’s Donuts (except I’m not going there anymore. I’m not. No.)
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Pete Scazzero. How much therapy could $15 save you? Read this book and find out!
- This cute necklace at Forever 21. $12.99. I love jewelry that’s cheap enough to date – you don’t have to marry it!
- Lonely Planet’s Travel Guide to Mexico. Only about 10 bucks and I get to spend the day on the beach!
- It won’t buy you a cute little baby, but it definitely will feed, clothe & educate one for two weeks.
So…that’s my list. What would you do with $15 bucks?
cassie - hey Bo…
with $15.00 on a normal day this is what i would do:
$3.50= Lavendar Latte @ Backporch
$2.50= doing laundry
and try to save the rest…
on a “feeling crazy day” $15 would go like this:
$3.50= Lavendar Latte at Backporch
$3.00= lunch at Red Robin(it’s cheap cause i work there)
$2.79= Ben and Jerry’s Fish Food Ice Cream *YUM*
$3.00= Jane Austin Movie at Blockbuster
.99= song from itunes
and then save the rest =)
bolovesjoe - Cassie – fun day! Though I’m a tried-and-true “just coffee” person, Dave recently convinced me to try a lavender latte and I was pleasantly surprised. Let’s visit Back Porch together soon. 🙂
Katie - I must say that I am quite proud to own 3 of those items already! But if we’re talking about how far $15.00 can go – that’s 2-3 pairs of super cute shoes frugally acquired by my clearance-loving self! 🙂
I like your look…
In my real life…this happened this morning:
gas money for Carlen-$10
goody money for Courtney as she waits for Carlen at her doctor appointment-$5
But in a dream day…
I would grab a Moleskine journal…one that was just under $10
A fine Sharpie-$2
House coffee and ginger molasses cookie at Grand Central Baking-about $3
Maybe I will have to do that tomorrow…but I would only have to spend $3 because I have the rest!
I love your picture!
caleb and ashley - Based on statistics from a missions base Ashley and I visited in South Mexico in June…a soul costs about 80 cents to win. We exchange $14.40 for the potential of winning 18 souls, and then throw the left over 60 cents in a wishing well and wish for a million dollars!
bolovesjoe - Caleb – I hope you win the million so you can build your 18 believers a church, send them a pastor and get the Decker’s a first-class round-trip ticket so they can launch MTI.